Noun(1) a specialized division of a large organization(2) the territorial and administrative division of some countries (such as France(3) a specialized sphere of knowledge
(1) In the rhythm department bassist Jeff Halsey was unflappable and clearly has much to offer.(2) he was a bit lacking in the height department(3) The matter has now been handed over to the environmental department of the City Council.(4) the story was all over the department(5) he wasn't too great in the brains department(6) I thought pubs were your department(7) The scheme is based on a proposal by the University of Paisley's department of economics.(8) Neil Hewitt, who works in the housing department of Medway council in Kent, is hoping to train as an inspector.(9) he was a lecturer in the department of history(10) How is it that the drama department of the University has achieved such distinguished output?(11) Ponting himself is relishing the responsibility because he has had a chequered past in that department .(12) And the Aussies, the world's sledging experts, reckon he is a soft touch in that department .(13) He ran a post office and now works in the education department of Rochdale council.(14) that's not my department(15) sorry, that's not my department(16) There was a department of Indian Theatre in the university through which I used to act.
(1) department store :: veleblagovnica
(2) sales department :: prodajni oddelek
(3) finance department :: finančni oddelek
(4) purchasing department :: nabavni oddelek
(5) accounting department :: računovodska služba
(6) accounts department :: oddelek računi
(7) personnel department :: oddelek za osebje
(8) marketing department :: oddelek za trženje
(9) head of department :: Vodja oddelka
(10) legal department :: pravni oddelek
1. division ::
2. domain ::
3. section ::
department, departmental, departments
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...but the Pasadena Police Department
doesn't have jurisdiction in Pandora.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 19
Let's go down
to the Entomology Department...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 2
there's a DEPARTMENT
for Outer Space Affairs?
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 10
Yeah. When I didn't pay my bill,
the Department of Water and Power...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 14
"Department of Motor Vehicles
New Driver Handbook"?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 5
English to Slovenian Dictionary: department
Meaning and definitions of department, translation in Slovenian
language for department with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of department in Slovenian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'department'
What department means in Slovenian, department meaning
in Slovenian, department
definition, examples and pronunciation
of department in Slovenian language.