Noun(1) the event of something burning (often destructive(2) the act of firing weapons or artillery at an enemy(3) the process of combustion of inflammable materials producing heat and light and (often(4) a fireplace in which a relatively small fire is burning(5) once thought to be one of four elements composing the universe (Empedocles(6) feelings of great warmth and intensity(7) fuel that is burning and is used as a means for cooking(8) a severe trial(9) intense adverse criticism
Verb(1) start firing a weapon(2) cause to go off(3) bake in a kiln so as to harden(4) terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position(5) go off or discharge(6) drive out or away by or as if by fire(7) call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses(8) destroy by fire(9) provide with fuel(10) generate an electrical impulse(11) become ignited(12) start or maintain a fire in
(1) The spread of radio sets made tactical separation easier and improved the control of artillery and mortar fire .(2) Despite drawing critical fire and reactionary ire, the show's back for a second series.(3) I had to fire men who've been with me for years(4) This episode, recorded only by Luke, has come under some serious critical fire .(5) He does what he does best, puts fire into men's hearts, plants the seeds of war.(6) It was a great team effort with the lads playing with fire , passion, determination and a tremendous will to win.(7) it's not yet known how the fire started(8) they opened fire(9) The Emperor is often associated with Aries, which is a strong and assertive astrological fire sign.(10) put more coal on the fire(11) There is a reluctance on the part of broadcast executives to fire presenters who stir up public outrage - because it sells.(12) a fire at a hotel(13) For them, fire has its spirits, so do trees and birds and wild animals.(14) Our giggling stopped with a burst followed by an answering burst of machine-gun fire coming from the river about fifty yards away.(15) Hitler himself was occasionally caught in the line of fire of criticism.(16) Maybe I would have less passion, less fire , less anger driving me to make the world a better place.
(1) on fire :: gori
(2) fire station :: gasilska postaja
(3) fire up :: razvneti
(4) fire engine :: gasilsko vozilo
(5) catch fire :: zagoreti
(6) fire brigade :: gasilska brigada
(7) fire truck :: gasilski avto
(8) fire escape :: požarni izhod
(9) fire drill :: požarna vaja
1. blaze ::
2. dynamism ::
3. gunfire ::
4. criticism ::
5. flaming ::
6. attack ::
7. firing ::
8. fervor ::
9. launch ::
10. shoot ::
11. dismiss ::
12. start ::
13. stimulate ::
14. fuel ::
15. give notice ::
16. discharge ::
17. raise ::
18. open fire ::
19. burn down ::
fire, fired, fires, firing, firings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Covering FIRE. Three, two, one, FIRE!
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 12
-Condor 3, open FIRE.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 5
- Fire, FIRE.
- Look, let... She...
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 7
Where's the FIRE and brimstone?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 12
Did you trip into the FIRE
when you were a baby?
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 6
English to Slovenian Dictionary: fire
Meaning and definitions of fire, translation in Slovenian
language for fire with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of fire in Slovenian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'fire'
What fire means in Slovenian, fire meaning
in Slovenian, fire
definition, examples and pronunciation
of fire in Slovenian language.