Noun(1) an urban area with a fixed boundary that is smaller than a city(2) the people living in a municipality smaller than a city(3) an administrative division of a county(4) United States architect who was noted for his design and construction of truss bridges (1784-1844
(1) They stream into town from the central station and spread out across the city until the whole of the capital is one giant party zone.(2) In town recently for a reading at Concordia, I decided to ask York about her interest in this subject.(3) Rachel left to drive back into town(4) I was out of town at the time(5) In town you have been mistaken for a child countless times and I know boys who are taller than you.(6) The big guns are in town and district firearm owners are being given the chance to surrender their weapons for cash.(7) In town the other day to announce the launching of the new party, Devan was exuding confidence.(8) No longer are rivalries between town and gown manifested in destruction, riot and murder.(9) They dress in their best clothes, and as they go into town , their neighbors follow.(10) soon we were out of town(11) the whole town is talking about it(12) In town is another story, as its massive bulk can make it unwieldy in tight parking areas.(13) I looked after the house and created the most outstanding garden in town .(14) In town , shops were sold out of fans for a time and were quickly snapped up when stocks were replenished.(15) The variety of music and announcements kept the locals and tourists informed as to what was happening in town .(16) he has moved to town
(1) town hall :: Mestna hiša
(2) in town :: v mestu
(3) out of town :: iz mesta
(4) the town :: mesto
(5) in the town :: v mestu
(6) old town :: staro mestno jedro
(7) town square :: Mestni trg
(8) go to town :: iti v mesto
(9) town center :: mestno središče
1. municipality ::
2. townsfolk ::
3. township ::
town, townes, towns
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
As if you don't know the name
of every boy in TOWN.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 9
me leaving TOWN
is all about me
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 11
...I hear glass ceilings shattering
all over TOWN.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 18
Great flag TOWN.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 13
We'll meet at Lord Harroway's Town
and march together to Winterfell.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
English to Slovenian Dictionary: town
Meaning and definitions of town, translation in Slovenian
language for town with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of town in Slovenian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'town'
What town means in Slovenian, town meaning
in Slovenian, town
definition, examples and pronunciation
of town in Slovenian language.