Noun(1) the feeling aroused by something strange and surprising(2) something that causes feelings of wonder(3) a state in which you want to learn more about something
Verb(1) have a wish or desire to know something(2) place in doubt or express doubtful speculation(3) be amazed at
(1) it's a wonder to behold(2) We shouldn't wonder at the sight of women holding the shotgun and firing.(3) he observed the intricacy of the ironwork with the wonder of a child(4) Anyone who spotted the black van would wonder at why it seemed to be vibrating as it chugged down the road.(5) he had stood in front of it, observing the intricacy of the ironwork with the wonder of a child(6) They are always going to be with us so we ought not to wonder at some of the anomalous antics of the few.(7) However, when you start to nitpick at really silly things, then I cannot help but to wonder about motive.(8) I've observed their joy and wonder , and I've seen their fear and sadness in the face of events they cannot control.(9) how many times have I written that, I wonder?(10) Here's where old ideas, like the wonder of a common currency, have struggled to cope with a multiplicity of new and very different economies.(11) But it also makes you wonder about our leaders and the institutions that produce them.(12) There is so much suffering in the world that we can only sit back in amazement and wonder how this could occur in a just world.(13) For most of us this remarkable series of volumes will be a constant source of wonder , amazement, and re-thinking.(14) And don't write off City's chances at Preston or Ipswich, scene of a Paul Evans wonder strike last season.(15) to wonder sth aloud(16) They can't do that against England, Owen and Heskey will be up there waiting for a Beckham wonder pass to set them off.
(1) no wonder :: ni čudno
(2) wonder about :: sprašujem se o
(3) little wonder :: malo čudno
(4) small wonder :: čudno
(5) in wonder :: v sprašujem
(6) boy wonder :: fant čudno
(7) it's no wonder :: ni čudno
(8) wonder land :: sprašujem zemljišča
1. awe ::
2. marvel ::
3. admiration ::
4. curiosity ::
5. ponder ::
6. marvel ::
7. inquire ::
8. question ::
wonder, wondered, wonderful, wondering, wonderment, wonders
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I WONDER if you need
to keep me chained to this tree?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 3
Who was the last decent king, I WONDER?
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5
I WONDER how long
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 17
lt looks big-time, but l'm no authority,
so l WONDER if you might take a look?
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 3
I was starting to WONDER
what to do with the rest of me day.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 4
English to Slovenian Dictionary: wonder
Meaning and definitions of wonder, translation in Slovenian
language for wonder with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of wonder in Slovenian and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'wonder'
What wonder means in Slovenian, wonder meaning
in Slovenian, wonder
definition, examples and pronunciation
of wonder in Slovenian language.